In a message dated 97-09-05 08:24:15 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Here in Memphis, TN., a new support group is starting for early PD
patients.
 Much better than going to the 65 and over group.

Hi Boyd:

Your age and history of the disease is almost identical to mine. I subscribe
to a PD news letter published by the University of Tennessee in Memphis.
 They can be contacted at 901-448-6198.

After you settle in to your disability retirement you may start to feel the
need to be productive and try and help the PD Community. I know I did and I
finally found an outlet by lobbying for passage Of the Udall research bill
and thus became a political activist.

My feeling is that most of us PWP can stem the tide of depression by staying
active.  Proper diet, regular exercise and an outlet for your spare time that
lets you have a sense of accompishment are the key.

If you decide to get politically active you will find a plethera of
information on this list servr.
If you want to get active now when we desperately need help in Tenn. I would
suggest you contact Jack Cramer, a Tenn Resident, who is trying to coordinate
the states political PD activity.

Jack and I lobbied together in Washington several months ago and we were
fortunate enough to be asked to Breakfast with Senator Frist and his staff.
The Senator is a key player in establishing our PD goals.
Jack 's email address is  [log in to unmask]

good luck
Dales [log in to unmask]