I think that the point that Helen was trying to make is that some of us
have a limited time to filter through the postings, and not that she
is against humor in general.

The fact is that one can find an unlimited amount of humor on newsgroups.
I grant you that this humor on this site is at a more personal level,
but it is also true that the number of postings is quite large and distracting
for some of us who have limited time (working to make a living and to
support a relative with PD, for example) and who rely on email for work.

I would seriously advocate the splitting of this mailing list into two
mailing lists: one dealing with the medical aspects (symptoms, experiences,
references etc) and one dealing with the humor, politics and other
miscelaneous aspects that may be of interest for most but may be too
overwhelming/distracting for some of us.

Sounds reasonable?

Andres