Andres.... (see bottom of message for original text)

Ooops!  Sorry, but the thought of splitting the list doesn't sound at all
reasonable OR desirable to me.

I LIKE the original, current format of the List.  It permits us as writers and
readers to take a number of options...directions... while online - either one
direction at a time or simultaneously  with any of those directions easily
controlled by the individual's DELETE key when reading.

The PD List-owner, Barbara Patterson, had many choices of format and direction
she could make at the time she set up this List.  In addition, it's membership
has also contributed to the direction the List goes from day-to-day,
week-to-week.  Barb  Patterson AND the majority of the List members have opted
over the past 3+ years to pretty much stick with the original format while
taking into account the vast and varied backgrounds and interests of the
groups as a whole.

MOST of the time, the discussion is very Parkinson's-related.  However, within
the topic-imposed and self-imposed boundaries of the List's membership you
WILL find near-topic related, and even non-topic-related tho serious messages,
including the occasional whimsical flights of fancy and outright humorous
jokes.

Often these "side-trips" present subjects which are marginally related to PD
if at all, but none-the-less seem to interest a wide number of our membership.
 Have no interest in 'em?  Click on that delete key.   Not interested in
reading the occasional joke?  Click on the delete key.  And those periodic,
unpredictable, spontaneously generated flights of fancy?  Right.. there's that
ol delete key.

It seems to me that it's more reasonable, more democratic, and just plain
NICER to permit individuals to post what's on their minds, while recalling the
main thrust of the List.  This offers us freedom of choice by permitting us to
pick and chose amongst the subjects and the posters we care to read or delete.

To split the list is such a "I want it my way and I want it NOW" kinda thing
when deleting the messages one doesn't care to read takes a few scant moments.
 We're talking mere SECONDS here, m'friend... maybe one or two minutes, max.

Sooooo... I think rather than splitting the list, we should continue the List
as it is, keeping in mind that it's a courtesy to others in our Cyber-family
to keep updating the subject-line when we have a "subject drift."

I also think that patience and compassion is called for - no matter how
important an individual we believe we are, and/or how limited our online time
is for whatever reason.

Barb Mallut