Listfriends-

I will repeat what I usually say when this issue comes up. I think we
have to reach some sort of balance.  We need to be more than coldly
clinical and less than a chat line- the latter can be done other places.
At the same time a lot of people are overwhelmed with our volume and do
not stick around.  While I prefer not to get the list in digest form  I
sometimes miss other messages to me in the shear numbers.  The use of
the subject line to identify  clearly off topic comments is useful but I
would suggest again to just think before you post Does what I am posting
relate to PD or a thread that at least started with a PD theme?  Can it
be better responded to with direct email? Also, is for instance an
article I am posting have general interest that others may not have
access to outside of the list?

It is inevitable that this issue will continue to recur as the LIST
membership changes but I have to say that that the "offenders" seem to
be changing so maybe it is worth it to have these little "reminders".

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI