Sorry about this response taking so long..I have been away from my system.
If you are still out there I would like to try to answer this question.  If
your father is receiving tube feedings is he receiving them through the
nose or stomach?  If through the stomach you should be extremely careful
that he never lay below 45 degrees.  If he does go below this, he could be
aspirating "choking" on the feedings..as for throwing up that could be a
form of reflux which also occurs if the patient does stay at 45 degrees.
Hope this helps.

shannon