I think I might disagree with the statement regarding the need for less
surgical accuracy in the thalamic stimulator implant surgery.  If the
implant is not in the appropriate site in the thalamus, it will be
ineffective.  The real benefit of the stimulator implant versus a
thalamotomy is the reversible nature of the implant and the avoidance of
a permanent lesion in the brain.

This is my understanding of it.....Carole

Carole Hilton, LCSW
Parkinson's Coordinator
NPF Patient Services and Outreach Program
The Neurosciences Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital
637 S. Lucas, #501
Los Angeles, CA  90017