Support for the Udall Bill as an amendment to S.1061, the Labor,
Health, Human Services & Education appropriations bill (and I hope
there will be a similar amendment offered to the House version,
which is HR2264) is urgent.  I read in the Washington Post on-line
(http://www.washingtonpost.com) that our returning Congress members
will concentrate in September on the remaining appropriations bills
for fiscal year 98; that they are aiming for early adjournment,
possibly October 1; that they may leave other matters for next year;
and that they are not perceiving much voter interest in the issues!

Phil Tompkins