hi larry:

you wrote:
>Does anyone ever take a drug holiday?

no, not me
because if i miss out on my schedule of 1/2 tab sinemet every 90 minutes
i 'kick out', which means my muscles grind to a halt
i can't walk or write or wash dishes or chase the cats or...

i believe that pd tends to manifest as two broad types
one with tremour, which i think you have
and the other with rigidity, which i have
i have virtually no tremour at all
except for extreme emotion

i have stopped taking selegiline in the past voluntarily
and that was when i discovered that my symptoms got worse
i hadn't thought that it was doing that much symptom-wise
i had thought up to then that it was just long term protection

>I forgot my second selegiline yesterday and felt great
>and slept well last night. I feel great this morning and
>have restarted today.  I'm thinking of "forgetting'" it
>on a regular basis for R&R (vacations and etc...).

everyone of us is a different chemical 'stew'
and we each respond differently to the meds

sleep is as vital as water and food to our survival and sanity
so my non-medico parkie-lay-person opinion is
if your sleep improves and your symptoms don't worsen
go for it!

the only person who really can tell you
when the meds are having the best effect
is you

i would suggest noting whatever you may change and write it down
and then write down your symptoms or lack thereof
it would be a good reference for you later on
and would also be a good reference for your doctors

i did that in great detail over christmas
using a steno pad i had with me constantly
and that's how i arrived at my 90 minute sinemet timing
and that's also how i arrived at the hormone interference conclusion

>On another note, I believe someone mentioned that Di &
>Prince Charles had a "failed marriage".  With two wonderful
>children like Harry & William how could you ever call it failed?

hmmmm
that was me, i think

the tree may have borne wonderful fruit
but is the tree still standing?

larry, forgive me if this sounds blunt
remember i'm a solitary 'lone-wolfette' type
and have lived on my own for ...whew... 20 years
with lots of time for thinking and mulling and observing

i think keeping a marriage going and raising healthy children
have to be the two hardest tasks in life

i can only admire those who attempt them
let alone succeed

>Have you guys stopped bickering yet?  Last week was
>worse than watching Oprah, Maurie, Montel, & Geraldo.
>The stress actually caused my arm to tremor.

hey!
you're doing oprah an injustice!!!
but you ain't seen nuthin yet!

we are lucky in that we don't really get too many serious 'flame-wars'
but we have had a couple of doozies [sp?]
even waaay back when the membership numbers were only about 800

don't all families have grumpy-bear-days?

our 'cyber-mom', barb patterson,
created this list on her own initiative in november 1993
i for one feel immense gratitude and admiration
for what she has accomplished

it's been said before
and may bear repeating for any newer family members
if someone else sees a need that's unfilled, go for it!
that's how the caregivers' and the french lists got started

with love to you and yours

your syber-sis

janet