Hi friends !

Thank you all for your responses ! I wish I could get my dad logged in so
he could "talk" to you in person.

This was not a good weekend for him - he still feels so sick and depressed.
I  managed to get him time with the family physician - who at least assured
him that he's "not really sick" ... I mean that he has nothing to worry about
even though he feels sick - that its side effects from pills - dpression /worry
etc. Of course that didn't really make him feel better. The Dr give him
Prilosec to help ease the nauseous stomach - maybe that will help.

He assures us that PD and depression are linked - if your brain chemistry is
messed up ... it effects other brain chemistry. Made sence ...

Now I have more ?'s ... I mentioned that he was on Serzone - I thought it
was helping - but my mom read something about too much SSRI's with PD not
being good (although I know different ones are different - I know Buspar for
example can block dopamine - but she just lumps them all together). Anyway
she cut back one of his Serzone thinking this would ease his upset sick stomach
and the fogginess he gets ... one less pill couldn't matter that much ?
I think it did - I think he's much more depressed than before.

I'm interested in the SSRI-syndrome business ... are SSRI's good for
PD or not ? I've read that they can be slight dopamine receptor agonists - which
is good right ?
I think I've read that Mirapex seems to help depression too ?

Anybody with any info on anti-depressants ? What about Mirapex and AD ?
Anyone read anything about any interactions ?

Too many questions ! I'm tempted to call the makers of Mirapex - want to get
this sorted out before he goes on it (probably next week ...
I've called the "drug info hotline" for Serzone and I hate to admit it (since
its the company i work for) but they were pretty useless ! I'm still following
other leads ... I'll post any info I find.

Thanks in advance for info

donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000