I must add - that I find it quite Ironic that you guys call yourselves
"parkies" !

My dad worked for the NYC department of PARKS and Recreation - and those
guys were called "Parkies" too ! Now he HAS parkinsons.

Once  a Parkie - always a Parkie ?

----

On a different note _ I got up the nerve to persue our Central Nervous System
reserch group here - my e-mail message to the VP got bounced around a bit -
but I just got a call from the guy who is head of CNS research -
a clinical neurologists specializing in Parkinsons. I explained my dad's symptoms
and his results with the drugs - basically he said - what you guys have been saying
- is that you have to keep after the dr = don't just take the Rx - go home
and take it and not see him again for 6 months ! He says it should be interactive
trying things until you find something that works.

I've gathered that many of you have done that ...

I guess we're just too used to "folling dr's orders" without question - but
I think we all have to learn to be interactive partners in our own health.
not just follow blindly.

Have a good day.

donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000