I was going to stay out of this discussion this time, but
being short on will power and long on opinion here I am
again.

As is usual in this discussion the battle has centered on
whether humour and banter are relevant to the list. Those
'against' argue that those 'for' should leave and create
lists of their own, citing the examples of the CARE list,
PDUK, and Parkeliste.

What seems to escape the notice of those taking that
point of view is that each of the above was set up in
response to a perceived need, by those who perceived
the need. I don't recall Bernard Joly even once demanding
that those of us who didn't want to use French, should
leave this list and set up our own English speaching list.

Not to mince words, it falls to those who perceive a need
for a "no nonsense" list, to set one up.  They will achieve
little by demanding that the opposite camp leave and set
up their own lists, the opposite camp don't perceive the need.

This posting is not intended as a comment on the rightness
or wrongness of either point of view. It is intended as a
piece of practical politics, in the forlorn hope of seeing the
end of this cyclical argument.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/