Similarly:
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED. . . .
uh oh! Surgeon General's Warning: This may be humorous!
last one . . .
"ALWAYS DO RIGHT. THIS WILL GRATIFY SOME
PEOPLE AND ASTONISH THE REST." -Mark Twain
Okay, that's it . . . its out of my system . . . now back to
your regularly scheduled program.
Stephan 53/7

>>> Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]> 09/08/97
04:44pm >>>
On Mon 08 Sep, robert l dolezal wrote:
> One of life's lousiest experiences is doing something really
well and
> having no one see you do it, or, worse yet, see it happen
but stand mute
> and indifferent.

There was a saying among my workmates which I think is
appropriate:

  Doing a good job for .....(fill in as necessary) is like wearing
a dark
  suit and peeing in your pants: it gives you a warm feeling,
but nobody
  really notices.

Oh dear, I think I've just written a humorous email!! What do I
do now?

Regards,