Kathy asked about MIrapex experiences on 9/8/97.
I switched from Permax to Mirapex about a month ago.  My doctor had me swap
out Permax for Mirapex 1:1.  By day three, when I was on a total of .75 mg of
each I was in a bad way - I figure I wasn't getting an effective dose of
either.  As I am on a very low dose of sinemet and in pretty good shape,  it
was a rude awakening   to realize my underlying disease is worse than I knew.
 Anyway, my doctor suggested I go totally to Mirapex as I was having very few
side effects.  To make a long story short, I seem to tolerate a lot of
Mirapex in my effort to get the same level of disease management that I had
with Permax.  I'm up to 4 mg/day of Mirapex ( my daily dose of Permax was 1.5
mg).  At this point I'm doing as well as I was on Permax, with the same dose
of Sinemet.  Overall I'd say my experience has been neutral.  As it is not
negative I'm going to give Mirapex some more time.
If anyone replies to this message or has questions, I'd appreciate a direct
email as well ([log in to unmask]) as I often don't have time to read the PD
Digest.