Brian, I pretty much agree with what you told Hallvard, but there are a
couple of things to consider.  He is very concerned about doing the best job
he can, whereas there are many people in the workforce who have no medical
problems, but due to careless attitudes, or indiference, may not do their job
as well as he is doing his.  I would hope that his superiors, and his
co-workers would not let him continue, if they thought he was endangering
patients, unless THEY are among the careless or indifferent population!  The
other problem,  he may need to keep the job until the very last minute, due
to financial needs. How many people work JUST for the feeling of doing a good
job, and don't need the money?  This is a wake up call for anyone who is
still young, healthy or both :Buy all the insurance for health and disability
that you can afford, and save, invest, and grow as much money for the future,
as you can!  It's nice to have luxuries now, but nothing is worse than not
getting the best medical care, or being able to pay your bills when
Parkinson's or any other disabling condition occurs.  Ken B