I thought I would add my experience to the growing list of mirapex stories
-   I believe mine is rather unique.  I started mirapex about three weeks
ago and initially started  very gradually titrating myself onto the drug.
At the same time I began reducing my sinemet and titrating myself off of
parlodel. I was taking 15 tabs of sinemet cr 50/200 a day and some times 18
when staying up late.  After about ten days I was still having no
difficulty tolerating the mirapex and I had completely discontinued taking
the parlodel.  At this point I yielded to my impatience and began
increasing my dose of mirapex more rapidly.  Today is about 3 weeks after
beginning this trial and I am up to 3.75 mg per day total mirapex.  But
what I find truly amazing is that for 3 days now I have not taken any
sinemet!  It seems the mirapex must be potentiating my own endogenous
dopamine.  I am also "on" all the time.  In fact I wake up "on"" in the
morning. I have had PD for 16 years and have taken sinemet in one form or
another for over 14 years so this is truly amazing to me.  My problems with
speech have improved markedly although I still have difficulty with
freezing.  Also, my sleep has returned to essentially normal whereas before
I had great difficulty falling asleep (sometimes would lay in bed for
several hours without falling asleep and wake up in the morning very tired.
Now I fall asleep quickly and wake up alert.

regards,
tom