Dear Dennis

It happens to me sometimes that I read something and feel this is the thing I
wanted to say, I only didn't know it.
The problem of which mails are apt to show up on the list, seems to exist on
many listserv's. My daughter who is a student Slavonic languages has a list
about Slavology. The same discussion started on this list too, but disappeared
immediately. A Dutch slavist was irritated by what he said was too much small
talk. The first half of the mail he wrote in Enlish and the second half in
Dutch, to show how it feels to be excluded. The reaction of those language
freaks was unexpected. One of them said he did want all members, who did not
speak any "Germanic" language next to English, contacted him to see how much
they could understand of that mail. With that the discussion stopped.
I know this story can be useful for us too, only I don't know how. Can you tell
it to me?
               Ida Kamphuis