>In all seriousness (from this point on!)
>If we have 1500 PLUS users, and about 1450 say very little, 47 say plenty and
>3 have mostly negative opinions,  I would guess we are doing okay as is, and
>should stay the same.  I don't like anyone to think we don't want them on the
>list, because they may have input that can lead to a cure or treatment, or a
>story that can make someone feel better.

What about all the people who would like to engage in discussion about PD,
but have left PARKINSN because the volume is too high? 1450 people is a
very very very small proportion of the number of Parkinsonians in the
world, and probably only a few percent of the people on the Internet who
would like to be in some Parkinsons's forum or other.

Unfortunately, the people who have left PARKINSN (probably in frustration)
aren't here to speak up for themselves, and are probably lost to the online
PD community forever. That's a real pity, and in the end we'll all be the
losers.

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============