Janet -
     You wrote:
>>> janet paterson <[log in to unmask]> 09/09/97 06:47pm
>>>dear cyber-siblings
>>>I find myself in a bit of a pickle
>>>and am hereby imposing on my cyber family
>>>for advice or hints or harangues or whatever else it might
>>>be that families do in such picklish situations . . . . . . .
>>>ps
>>>and of course while i'm tapping away at this
>>>the most magnificent blue and pink sunset is assaulting
>>>my eyes<<<

     Now, come on, we should all have your problems, living
on an archipelago in the Atlantic ocean . . . . .
     What passes for written intercourse on this list wouldn't
survive a fifth grade English class final exam: which is as it
should be for such an eclectic bunch.  But, as you admitted:
we are a captive audience of PD junkies.  I don't think that
translates as publishable literature.
     A word of advice on writing though - try punctuation, use
capitalization, make paragraphs out of single thoughts . . .
the stream of consciousness approach may have worked for
T.S. Eliot and James Joyce, but it's been done.  The world is
moving into the 21st Century.
Good luck and keep up the interesting postings.
Stephan 53/7