Janet -
     Much of what passes for 'artistic license'  these days is
blamed upon the Greek Muses.  Just what muse visits you
as the patron of lower-case text?  Is it the beautiful Calliope
(legends), the fair Erato (poetry), the shapely Euterpe
(tragedy) or perhaps the pensive Clio (history)?  Or is it a
Muse I haven't remembered?
     The curmudgeonly ghost of S.J. Perelman whispers in my
ear . . . .or is it merely the wind whistling through my
auditory canals (from one side to the other)?
     Ease of typing without the shift key heh?  Aha!  It is clear
to me now - form over function. Well, why didn't you say so!
Okay, you can come in.
Stephan 53/7
>>> janet paterson <[log in to unmask]> 09/10/97 11:40am
>>>hah!
tell that to my muse
i've had no say in all this
it may have something to do with my picky designer eye
no caps and punctuation were a development all on their own
maybe it's partly due to the ease of typing without that darn
shift key<<<