Simon's continued support of splitting the list is a valid one:

>Unfortunately, the people who have left PARKINSN (probably in
>frustration) aren't here to speak up for themselves, and are probably
>lost to the online PD community forever.  That's a real pity, and in the
>end we'll all be the losers.

IMHO, splitting the list would be a positive change.  As one of the more
silent majority here, compared to some of you simply because I so chose,
it is disheartening to once in while notice a misdirected request to
unsubscribe.  Sometimes volume of mail is cited as a reason. Other times,
no reason is given and one only wonders why that person no longer is
interested in participating.

As we know, it can be extremely intimidating for some people to express
themselves in such a public forum. Some of us have no problem
kidding around and are able to banter quite easily with one another while
others may be put off by it. Having a couple of lists categorizing
input may offer a safer and more productive area of interest for all.

On the other hand, change itself can be intimidating simply because our
comfort zones are involved. But since we have a volunteer to set up a
couple of lists, (Simon), why not give it a try?  Suggest one of the lists
be PKHUMOR or PKSMALLTALK.

Regards,

Clara Nistler
Gene Nistler 64/10