There are too many times when my brain and my typing fail to mesh properly.
I left out an important phrase at the end of my message re serotonin
yesterday (Sept. 9) when I edited it. Here is the complete sentence:

"..... For example, in the 1940s, it was found that pregnant
women excreted Xanthurenic acid and that injections of a hefty dose of
Vitamin B6 relieved the problem OF THE NAUSEA OF PREGNANCY. ...."

It was not until some ten years later when the dreadful results of that
therapy were published, that I learned how fortunate I was to have received
these welcome injections at a time when my child's brain was not impaired.
This is an example of the kind of damage that zealous and ill-informed self
dosing with individual nutrients or nostrums can result in, and why I am
grateful for the nit-picky Food and Drug Administration in spite of their
seeming sloth at releasing our PD drugs.

Martha