my dear cyber-sibling stephan

>Much of what passes for 'artistic license'
>these days is blamed upon the Greek Muses.

this sounds to my ears
a tad critical or disparaging of my scribbles

you are certainly welcome to your opinion
as are we all
but i don't recall asking for advice in that area

i mentioned non-profit orgs or maybe consumer advocacy
as potential 'consumers' of my skills
relating to insight or editing
got any hints in those areas?

>Just what muse visits you as the patron of lower-case text?
>Is it the beautiful Calliope (legends),
>the fair Erato (poetry),
>the shapely Euterpe (tragedy)
>or perhaps the pensive Clio (history)?
>Or is it a Muse I haven't remembered?

i do believe
that you've missed out some of the mythological greek muses
but where did you get the idea mine was greek?

i don't understand one word of that language
but maybe this form of communication
is beyond mere words

however if she were greek
i'd bet dollars to donuts
she's thalia

>The curmudgeonly ghost of S.J. Perelman whispers in my
>ear . . . .or is it merely the wind whistling through my
>auditory canals (from one side to the other)?

i don't really understand your position here
so maybe you had better tell me

>Ease of typing without the shift key heh?  Aha!  It is clear
>to me now - form over function. Well, why didn't you say so!

i said that the shift key may be a part of the reason
a 'muse' or other form of inspiration may be another part
certainly and definitely the visual aspect draws me very strongly
probably due to my design background

i have realized fairly recently
that i am more sensitive to visual stimuli
than the average person

call it artistic license
call it obsession
call it neatening
whatever

word processing has given me a new tool in terms of space-planning
but with words instead of furniture

i also have found recently
that if i'm reading something that is quite 'dense'
at the computer
'massaging' the phrases into this 'style'
or whatever it is
helps me to absorb the full meaning of the words

i think the concept
of 'massaging' or splitting up big blocks of text
first occurred to me when i started posting news articles
from nando.net a couple of years ago

they tend to give every sentence its own paragraph
and i wondered at the time
if the reason might be for ease of reading
[e.g. by news readers on tv
since nando seem to act as news 'wholesalers']

>Okay, you can come in.

well, thank you!
i thought i was already here!

janet 50/9