Janet, I agree you have a great talent for writing, and making things clear.
I won't tell  you where to live, but if you make enough money, you can have
more than one home, and not have to make a final choice.  You COULD write
about decorating, combining two talents, that would not preclude writing
techical books about PD or treatments. How about something like PD TREATMENTS
MADE SIMPLE? This is  some challenge, for a complex condition like PD, but it
has been done for a variety of subjects like Electronics, Mathematics, etc.
 I have thought about writing for a living: Something like "How to keep from
starving to death on a writer's income." I know I could sell at least three
copies, one to each of my kids, and one to my parents!
Whatever you decide. I wish you success. Ken B.