free radicals are cleansed) was low.

From: Nutritional Healing, by Dr.James Balch, M.D. and
Phyllis Bach, CNC, nutritional consultant.

"Anti-oxidants protect the nerve cells from free radicals. . . .
There are three known free radicals - superoxide, hydroxyl &
peroxide.  Free radicals are normally present in the body in
small numbers, but are kept in check by certain enzymes:
(superoxide dismutase [SOD], methione reductase, catalase
and glutathione peroxidase.  Their work is supplemented by
a diet rich in anti-oxidants such as vitamins A, E, C, and
minerals such as selenium. . . . "

      For the PWP (and CGs) out there who do not swallow
pills, the following foods can supplement your diet with
anti-oxidants:
Vitamin A - liver, carrots, cantaloupe, peaches, squash,
                 tomatoes.
Vitamin C - citrus fruits, vegetables, green peppers,
                 potatoes.
Vitamin E - vegetable oil, soybean oil, wheat germ, raw
                 seeds and nuts, beans, molasses and eggs.
Selenium - bran, wheat germ, broccoli, onions and tuna fish.
Superoxide Dismutase [SOD] - barley grass, broccoli,
                Brussels sprouts and cabbage.

      Therefore, in the a.m. with my juice and toast, I also take
betacarotene (Vit A), selenium, Vit C, co-enzymeQ 10, SOD
(superoxide dismutase) and L-tyrosine.

Stephan 53/7
>>> Dennis Nestler <[log in to unmask]> 09/11/97
12:56am >>>  Hi Donna,
>>>My neuro told me to take at least 400IU of vitamin E and
I could go as high
as 800IU which I have been taking for two years.<<<