I sent this note in response to an inquiry from David Boots, past list
member, and decided to copy it to everyone. I hope to hear how he is doing
since his pallidotomy at Kaiser (same place my mother is scheduled for.)

I have gotten rather silent as has everything right now.
We went for the first 2 baselines and things went pretty well, although the
1st time we stayed one extra day and the 2nd, two extra days (mom in the
hospital.)
I bought a checker board for the hospital bed and See's candy for Mary and
Patti. My mother's blood pressure acted up pretty bad when the meds were
taken away and then put back...she'd get confused, pass out, etc.

The last baseline (previously scheduled for right now) and the surgery are
presently in limbo. They are moving stuff to Sacramento and will do the
surgery itself there. The last baseline is still, I think, in San Rafael.
Before we learned that, everyone on the team seemed to be getting exhausted
and Dr. BronteStewart had her baby so we didn't even see her the last
baseline. So they were all taking well-earned vacations.

It is all rather frustrating not knowing and we are concerned that we may
not have Dr. Bronte Stewart as the neurologist during the pallidotomy. But
at present it is just wait and see.

Southern Ca minds would love to know how you are feeling, David? I
certainly hope it is goind well. I imagine you leading a much happier life
and do hope that is true.
Today is my birthday and all i really wish is that i could see everyone's
parkinson's disappear with an aspirin.

debbie