At 09:27 AM 9/11/97 -0400, Ida Kamphu
>I ask myself whether this co>There is yet another difference which I can't
remember having ever been
>mentioned explicitly. It is about the influence of sleep. Some PWP's (and
I am
>one) feel relatively well after some hours of sleep. Even if I use my last
>med's at six in the evening I have no trouble getting up in the morning. Not
>long ago the subject of "how do you manage to leave your bed in the morning"
>was a topic. For some PWP's this is not a problem.
>I hope somebody knows of literature on the mentioned differences among
PWP's or
>has thoughts about it.
>
>                         Ida kamphuis, Holland
>

>> At the same time I began reducing my sinemet and titrating myself off of
>> parlodel. I was taking 15 tabs of sinemet cr 50/200 a day and some times 18
>> when staying up late.  After about ten days I was still having no
>> difficulty tolerating the mirapex and I had completely discontinued taking
>> the parlodel.  At this point I yielded to my impatience and began
>> increasing my dose of mirapex more rapidly.  Today is about 3 weeks after
>> beginning this trial and I am up to 3.75 mg per day total mirapex.  But
>> what I find truly amazing is that for 3 days now I have not taken any
>> sinemet!  It seems the mirapex must be potentiating my own endogenous
>> dopamine.  I am also "on" all the time.  In fact I wake up "on"" in the
>> morning. I have had PD for 16 years and have taken sinemet in one form or
>> another for over 14 years so this is truly amazing to me.  My problems with
>> speech have improved markedly although I still have difficulty with
>> freezing.  Also, my sleep has returned to essentially normal whereas before
>> I had great difficulty falling asleep (sometimes would lay in bed for
>> several hours without falling asleep and wake up in the morning very tired.
>> Now I fall asleep quickly and wake up alert.
>>
>> regards,
>> tom

Hi gang this is only my 2nd post and i appreciate you're enduring my
complaints.But we are all in this together aren't we?.I've  been battling
parkinsons since 1992 and the most but not only frustrating thing is my
awlful speech problems.I just started on Mirapex 3 weeks ago and i'm not
sure it was in my best interest.I also had the pallidotimy in Feb.It
provided great results but only lasted about forty five days.But my speech
is the subject here and mine gets worse as i increase my daily intake of
sinemet.My jaws become tightly clenched and my speech runs out like a
runaway train making no sense at all.I know what i want to say and i think
about it before hand but still it's just garbage.And i'm so self concious
about it that i shy away from talking in public and Heaven forbid me using
the telephone.Talk about scary .And believe it or not before i was forced
into retirement last july a year ago,my profession was retail sales.I was
manager of a NAPA auto parts store .Now my mother and dad and  daughters
and friends have trouble just chatting with me. My dad is hard of hearing
to top it all off.My only relief comes from and occasional valium i get
from a friend. It calms my nerves temporarily so i can talk halfway
sensible for a few hours.Take these problems and put them with tremor
,ridigty and kinesia and it makes for a heck of a lifestyle.Im only 38
years old and used to be a very good drummmer .Now i can hardly hold the
sticks. Does anybody share these feelings ?.I would love some feed back and
maybe a little compassion.Thank you for for your good work on the web and
for reading my little note.Bobby