I don't want to see the list split. There have been so many good reasons
posted for not splitting the list that I thought I wouldn't put my two
cents in. But the situation seems analogous to working conditions. When
I've worked in offices, I've noted that the bearable work conditions were
those that tolerated occasional digressions from work. Although the
digressions on the list can require spending more time at the screen, I
believe it makes getting through the list easier -- just as it makes
getting through a day at work easier. And, like at the office, if you don't
want to engage in idle conversation, just walk away (delete key).

Debbie White