Barb M.,

Exactly how would you describe your before Collagen injections voice? I had
my first visit with a real PD neuro on Monday.  I was pleased except for
the answer he gave to me when I asked about these injections.  He said my
speech problem is in my brain, not in my vocal cords.   I wouldn't describe
my voice as a whisper or raspy, but the volume is definitely lower.  That,
combined with stuttering, stammering, indistinct pronunciation, and very
rapid speech make me virtually not understandable the first time I say
anything.  I then repeat myself and if I try very hard to correct all those
things, I am successful the second time about 50% of the time.

I also have difficulty putting the right words together - sound like a
complete illiterate actually; perhaps that's where he got the impression
it's not a vocal cord problem.  Does it sound to you like I could benefit?

The regular speech therapy I had earlier this summer seemed to work for
awhile only.  And the nearest Lee Silverman practitioners are 2 1/2 hours
away in either NYC or Philly.  One last question.  Do you, or anyone else,
know if the injections are being given anywhere other that out there in La
La Land?

Thanks!  Bruce A. (51, 3)