Hi,

At the risk of getting cussed for adding words to a topic which may
by now be over-discussed, I'll just say that there are many ways of
communicating while coping with PD: support and friendship, which
can make us feel we're not going through this alone; information,
which can make us think we're more in control; political activism,
which can make us feel we're improving things; and humor, which gets
us outside ourselves and puts some distance between us and our
problems.  For anyone who favors one approach exclusively, there may
be better places for getting one's needs met than via this list.
You can get a lot more information from Medline or a lot more jokes
from the alt.humor newsgroups.  I think the list as it is serves
people who take several approaches.

Phil Tompkins
59/8