^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:16:59 -0400 "Hilton, Carole" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Ivan,
>        I fear that you will not appreciate my opinion - but I wonder
>if you
>should not limit your outrage to the behavior of the DOCTOR only.
>Rather than direct all of your rage onto NPF.  I work in a doctor's
>office and am aware that things often disrupt their schedule -
>creating
>inconviences for patients.  In most of the cases of scheduling
>conflicts
>- I feel the MD should be held responsible.
>        I don't understand why NPF should be responsible for what this
>one M.D.
>did.  There are probably 60 MD's around the country who have some
>relationship with the NPF (as Dr. Sanchez-Ramos does).  Does that mean
>that each time the individual doctor fails his patient - as you were
>obviously failed, the organization is to be held responsible?
>        What has been Dr. Sanchez-Ramos' response to your experience?
>I know
>what Larry Hoffheimer's response was (on behalf of the NPF) - but how
>about holding the right person accountable??
>        Just my opinion....Carole

Carole...

Sanchez-Ramos appointment was made for me by the NPF staff in their
building.  Thr NPF staff (Julian Pearson) even ushered the CNA and me to
the clinic.
The NPF recommended Sanchex-Ramos.  The NPF contacted him.

His response was simply ONE brief phone call to my answering machine,
blaming the NPF clinic secretary.

Nobody warned me that the schedule was wrong or changed.  My 2PM
appointment was confirmed.

The trip cost 3400 dollars.  I live on less than 1/4 of that per month
($804).

Hoffheimer was hostile to me.  He wrote a letter to me to say I should
blame the Univ. of Miami Medical School. He said  that Sanchez-Ramos is
not an NPF employee, trying to distance the NPF from the horrible
incident.

But Sanchez-Ramos EDITS the NPF REPORT magazine and sees patients at its
clinic building that I flew to for evaluation!!

I WAS A UNIV. of MINNESOTA MEDICAL SCHOOL PROFESSOR, and at two other
medical schools before and afterwards.  The UMiami Med School had NOTHING
to do with the appointment.

So I blame the NPF

The CEO of the NPF called me and attacked me on the phone in Maine for
trying to get compensation.

Two friends and a caregiver all heard him attack me for trying to get
compensation.  His name is Emilio  ??? don't remember. A Hispani name?

I hope this is enough for you to see why the NPF (and the Dr.) are to
blame, in my humble opiinion.