I hd some suggestions on this ..

1- can you get a local TV station interested ? Here in the nY area they
   have things like "7 on your side" = where channer 7 raises enough
   publicity over stuff that sometimes issues get resolved.

2. we have to be our own advocates - but there ARE lots of us -
   why don't you draft a short letter of protest of some sort - not nasty
   but explaining your situation and asking for help.
   Direct it to the HEAD of the medical dept there in Miami and
   also e-mail it to US - we can then all print it and send it out.
   Maybe a flood of mail will intimidate them a bit.

3. Combination of the two would be to send the mail to local papers/.
   news stations in Miami !

   It could look like the BIG?BAD $$-making Dr.s won't help a poor
   guy with Parkinson - here they are committed to medicine and lives
   turning someone away without helping - after he was desparate enough to
   come all the way to Miami for help ?

   Hey people come here from other countries - ddesparate for help -
   w/o medical coverage - and sometimes get it FREE ! The least
   we could do is help out own people.

  Just my 2cents

Have a good day

donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000