From: tom riess <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: speech alternatives
Date: Friday, September 12, 1997 12:46 PM

Date:    Fri, 12 Sep 1997 00:31:53 -0400
From:    "B.Bruce Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: I WISH I COULD TELL YOU

Dear Bruce,

There are a couple other possibilities for normalizing your speech
particularly if this is more than just a voice volume problem. One is
through the use of Delayed Audio Feedback (DAF).  This is a system whereby
one hears one's own voice as one speaks but slightly delayed.  This has the
potential to normalize speech.  If you are interested I can tell you how to
rig up an ersatz DAF unit for trial. The other possibility is reducing the
amount of Sinemet you are taking if you take a lot.  This can be
accomplished by taking Mirapex the new D3 receptor site agonist which has
the potential for dramatic decreases in the amount of Sinemet you take.

Regards,

Tom