Re the comments on swimming .... glad the problem was solved.  What my
husband andI are doing it what they call "Deep Water Running"  .    With a
therapist and a chest band to hold us up in the water, there are many
exercises that can be done.  Especi9ally for Ted, he can "walk" in the water
without fear of "falling".  We hope to sept out on our own soon  at a hotel
where we can go at our convenience for a membership fee.  Our local Y is not
really accessible with walker.  Also you must go at the specified time which
doesn't always work out.  Ted's balance is much better after these sessions
and it is supposed to help my arthritis.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, NY