We now need to focus the energies of the entire grassroots community on the
House Appropriations Committee members with emphasis on the Republicans.
Calling writing, faxing, going to visit (if possible) should be the marching
order.  If we can get the support of a majority of the appointed Conferees,
our chances of seeing this Bill passed are greatly all but assured!

Here is our message:

"Representative ______________, please vote, or urge colleagues that are
appointed as Conferees to vote, in favor of the Senate version of the Labor
HHS Appropriations bill which contains the Morris K. Udall Amendment."

Following are the members the House Appropriations Committee.  They are
listed by Party, in order of seniority and all Subcommittee Chairs and
Ranking Members are in italics and underlined.  Also, HR1260 Cosponsors are
offset by an asterisk:  ( * )

Everyone of them can be reached by mail at this address:

The Honorable _____________________
US House of Representatives
Washington, D.C.  20515

By phone at this #: (202)224-3121(Capitol switchboard; just ask for their
offices by name).

House Appropriations Committee
60 Members
29 HR 1260 cosponsors

Republicans:  34 members
9 HR 1260 cosponsors

Bob Livingston, LA.
     Chairman
*Joseph M McDade, PA
C.W. Bill Young, FL
Ralph Regula, OH
Jerry Lewis, CA
John Edward Porter, IL
Harold Rogers, KY
*Joe Skeen, NM
Frank R. Wolf, VA
*Tom DeLay, TX
*Jim Kolbe, AZ
Ron Packard, CA
Sonny Callahan, AL
James T. Walsh, NY
*Charles H. Taylor, NC
*David L. Hobson, OH
Ernest J. Istook, OK
Henry Bonilla, TX
*Joe Knollenberg, MI
Dan Miller, FL
Jay Dickey, AR
Jack Kingston, GA
Mike Parker, MS
*Rodney Frelinghuysen, NJ
Roger F. Wicker, MS
*Michael P. Forbes, NY
George R. Nethercutt,Jr., WA
Mark W. Neumann, WI
Randy (Duke) Cunningham, CA
Todd Taihrt, KS
Zach Wamp, TN
Tom Latham, IA
Anne Maegher Northrup, KY
Robert B. Aderholt, AL

Democrats: 26 members
20 HR 1260 cosponsors

David Obey, WI
     Ranking Minority Member
*Sidney R. Yates, IL
*Louis Stokes, OH
*John P. Murtha, PA
*Norman D. Dicks, WA
*Martin Olav Sabo, MN
*Julian C. Dixon, CA
*Vic Fazio, CA
*W.G. (Bill) Hefner, NC
Steny H. Hoyer, MD
Alan B. Mollohan, WV
*Marcy Kaptur, OH
*David E. Skaggs, CO
*Nancy Pelosi, CA
Peter J. Visclosky, IN
*Thomas M. Foglietta, PA
*Esteban E. Torres, CA
*Nita M. Lowey, NY
*Jose E. Serrano, NY
Rosa DeLauro, CT
*James P. Moran, VA
*John W. Olver, MA
*Ed Pastor, AZ
*Carrie Meek, FL
*David E. Price, NC
Chet Edwards, TX
Repost of Bill Turenne's 9/4 "House Strategy"
Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540