Perry D. Cohen wrote:

> Given the events in the Senate, however, we need direct the good
> will of Mr. Bliley and the House away from hearings and toward
> accepting the Senate's Udall amendment to the Labor HHS
> appropriations bill which passed 95-3 in the conference committee.
> We deserve a vote!! The House can now vote on the Udall bill
> before the end of Sept. as part of the Labor HHS bill.
>
> We now need to focus the energies of the entire grassroots
> community on the House Appropriations Committee members with
> emphasis on the Republicans. Calling writing, faxing, going to
> visit (if possible) should be the marching order.  If we can get
> the support of a majority of the appointed Conferees, our chances
> of seeing this Bill passed are greatly all but assured!
>
> Here is our message:
>
> "Representative ______________, please vote, or urge colleagues
> that are appointed as Conferees to vote, in favor of the Senate
> version of the Labor HHS Appropriations bill which contains the
> Morris K. Udall Amendment."
>
> Everyone of them can be reached by mail at this address:
>
> The Honorable _____________________
> US House of Representatives
> Washington, D.C.  20515

The bill numbers and Appropriations Committee members' names are:

The Senate bill to which the Udall Bill was added as an amendment is
# S.1061 - "An original bill making appropriations for the
Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and
related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1998, and
for other purposes".

The amendment to S.1061 was # S.AMDT.1074  -  "To provide for the
establishment of a program for research and training with respect to
Parkinson's disease" (the original Udall Bill was # S.535).

The House version of the appropriations bill is # H.R.2264 - "A bill
making appropriations for the Departments of Labor, Health and Human
Services, and Education, and related agencies for the fiscal year
ending September 30, 1998, and for other purposes".

The House version of the Udall Bill is # H.R.1260 - "A bill to amend
the Public Health Service Act to provide for the establishment of a
program for research and training with respect to Parkinson's
disease".

COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS - MEMBERSHIP

BOB LIVINGSTON, Louisiana, Chairman
Joseph M. McDade, Pennsylvania
David R. Obey, Wisconsin
C.W. Bill Young, Florida