From:  Ida Kamphuis
Sent:  Tuesday, September 16, 1997 4:24 AM
To:  Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:  shakeness/akathisia

Mary L., Badwin R., Barbara M., Lawrence F., Ron R., Charles M. Debbie W.

It is not total clear, whether you all talk about the same phenomenon.
Baldwin;
///When I was diagnosed with PD four years ago, I felt an internal tremor
or
///shakiness, or nervousness or tenseness.  It was a strong pulsing at a
///frequency of 5 to 20 cycles per second that I felt throughout my
body---in
///my abdomen, legs, arms, and extremities. It was painful.
Baldwin, is this the same as in the other Quote or is it something else?

///Just before I was diagnosed with PD four years ago, I sometimes felt
///an irresistible urge to get up and leave the room.  I would walk down
the
///hall a short distance, turn around, and come back.  A few minutes later
///would do it again.  I felt like screaming, but did not make a sound.
 Then
///I got the urge to leave the room again.  I was frantic.