Joyce....

You dear, feisty lady!   YOU GO, GIRL!!

Barb Mallut (aching for all of us with PD and for our loved ones)

----------
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Mail Joyce44
Sent:   Tuesday, September 16, 1997 8:58 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Marv:   Have I done enough?

Marvin,  there is no way to console your feeling of defeat.....Havent we all
shared that
feeling.

There was NO WAY I was using a cane !!!   I cried all night at the thought of
it...
I'm scared now to move more than arm's distance away from it....my hand is
full of calluses from holding it so tightly.

There was NO WAY I was using the stair lift in my two storey home..  I cried
all night at the thought of it.
I try so hard to climb the stairs...for excercise...for determination not to
let this win.
It was so expensive and I let it sit there for a year....now when I just cant
make my legs move...it there to carry me to closer to my bed.

There was NO WAY I was going to use a wheelchair.  I cried all night at the
thought of it...
My dear husband wanted to go out to dinner and a movie...I said I couldn't
make it that night...he went to a corner and cried for me and for him...  Now
I dont hesitate to use it for both of us..

There was NO WAY I was going to use a power scooter.   I cried all night at
the thought of it...
I have always had the opportunity to accompany my husband on his overseas
business trips at least once or twice a year....He told me it would be
impossible to use a regular wheelchair in some countries because the streets
were not paved like here..
Besides,  it was too much to ask of him to push me all the time.

I didnt know it...just as he told me he could not take me along last
month...HE went and bought himself a gift...my power scooter....he lends it
to me...

We had a wonderful trip and I DIDNT stay up all night crying....I had my cane
and my scooter...nothing could stop me (us) now.

Keep pushing my friend...dont worry about giving in...DONT give up  !!!!!

Joyce