Stephan, you have (as usual ) made some very valid points. Let's not discount
the very real problem of the world getting to be a harder place for all of us
to live, regardless of having a condition such as PD which exaggerates the
normal problems.
Here are some phrases which represent unpleasantness to me: Downsizing, Tax
hike,  Uninsured driver,  Old age,  Nursing Home, Hospice, Parents without
Partners, The Boss is coming to town, The BOSS wants to TALK to you, The BOSS
does NOT want to talk to you,  Unpaid Overtime, Unemployment benefits,
Layoffs, Unhappy customers, Middle of the night phone calls,  Unplanned
business trips, staff reductions, water leaks, water shut offs, heart
failure, homeowner meeting, crimewatch, ...............I know I sound like
George Carlin on a rampage, but the point is, this is just a few things that
bother folks, in a world that always had problems, but now it is getting
tough for even optimists to get along.  I have the highest admiration for
people who continue to get by, and fight PD as well, without cracking up
completely.  Ken B