Ivan, I still am among the believers that you were treated wrongly, but I am
afraid that you'll probably end up not getting compensated.  The financial
part of your loss was more due to your circumstances than their negligence.
If you had gone to a comparable facility in your hometown, you would have
lost a small fraction of what the trip and the cost of your accomodations and
pay for your aid cost by going to Miami.  A judge would probably say that you
took a bigger risk than you should have, by making the trip.  The
disappointment you have is impossible to put a price on, but if there were a
winnable case, you'd probably have several lawyers fighting for the chance to
represent you, as they get a nice percentage of the judgement. You have the
comfort of knowing that hundreds of people know the story.  I would not
discourage you from seeking legal representation, but if you lose, you'd at
least have to pay the expenses, making it a gamble.  Try to redirect the
anger into energy and do something good for yourself or others, which is your
more natural way of doing things. You might write a poem or song, or maybe
even a book.  Maybe make a phone call to someone who needs to hear from you
to brighten their day.  Your descriptions of your hometown have made me want
to visit there someday, you should probably work for the Chamber of Commerce!
 One of my inspirations is Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, the comic
strip, and MANY books, which all started with Adams taking a look at the way
his career was driving him crazy, due to the stupidity of corporate America,
and telling the story using humerous characters.  He must be a
multimillionare by now, though he DID get fired from his job as a computer
engineer, as if he cares!  Are you familiar with his work?  As Marling says,
"Don't forget how to laugh!" Ken B