Hello Helen

My balance has gone into the crapola also.  I use a four prong cane for
support.  In fact maybe 8 months ago, I cried when I thought of having to use
it,  now having to depend on it.

As for freezing,  I was under the misconception that that is what I
experience daily but there is a definite distinction between freezing and not
being able to start moving.

As explained by my movement disorder doc.
FREEZING is being able to walk and suddenly :freeze: in place for a few
seconds then just resume walking as if nothing happened
(dont know the official name for it so lets just call
THIS IS BULL....T  is what I have...wanting to move but not being able to
take the first step without companion help or if im lucky   the ultimate
concentration and determination.

What does dad have   because for FREEZING there is the D.B.S. implant  for
what I have there is NOTHING.

Joyce