Hi folks,

I have found an excellent source to help you prove your claim for
Disability Insurance Benefits.  This book was advertised in one of the
news letters about 3 years ago, when everything was going wrong for me.
I hope I have this story correct- It is written by an Attorney who found
himself having to resort to SS Disability and there was no one to guide
him. His disability was Lupus but this book has extremely valuable
information for anyone who is seeking help (my opinion).  The Author is
Douglas M. Smith--Title: DISABILITY HANDBOOK for Social Security
Applicants--  Address: Pds/Third Floor Publishing-- Post Office Box 827,
Arnold, Maryland  21012  You can order by phone by calling the Lupus
Foundation (and they take credit card) 301-670-9292

The book not only leads you through filing the first time but helps with
2nd and etc. (Does it sound like I am REALLY fond of this book??)  It was
a LOT of work, following the instructions and filling out the forms but I
was granted SSDI the first time. If anyone wants to talk about the book
please reach me at e-mail [log in to unmask] .  I personally purchased
an extra book that I loan to my community as a valuable resource, whether
it be Parkinsons, Lupus  etc. I can tell you one important bit of
information is that when you apply for disability, list every medical
condition that limits your ability to do any task, such as Hypertension,
Thyroiditis, etc. not just the Parkinsons that actually is the priority
culprit.  Another recommendation from myself is to write narratives on
everything, if you have to.  Tell SS about how internal tremors affect
your life, give them everything in writing so that they know you when
they read your request. Letting go of EGO is important (and it doesn't
always feel good) but your health and peace of mind and economic future
are at stake.  The cost is around $25 (and no, I do not get
a commission!!) I just loved the assistance it provided to me and I want
to share this with others of us that are in need.

Sincerely
Bonnie Rupert  56/3