Good for you, Kathy!

Everyone who's not in the best of health or is unable for whatever reason to
be assertive on his/her own behalf, needs a patient-advocate.  Who knows how
long things would have gone on the way they were if you hadn't stepped in.
 It sounds as if the new doctor knows what he's doing, and is someone you can
work with.

> I was told he would discuss
>her condition with me over the phone.  I found this to be unacceptable
>and left the office graciously with the intent of finding her another
>doctor and not rescheduling the appointment as he wanted.  Her first
>appointment with a new doctor was last thursday.  In the 45 minute
>appointment he diagnosed my mother with moderate stage PD and
>osteoporosis.

>  She has started to take sinemet last thrusday and so far
>has not has any side effects.  Actually, she seems to walk a little
>faster and her voice seems a little louder (I hope I am not imagining
>things). She will return to the new doctor in 2 weeks.

Walking better and speaking more loudly would indeed be expected benefits of
Sinemet.  In addition, if she does benefit from the Sinemet, that's
confirmation of the diagnosis of PD.

Good luck to you both.  I'm glad you're there for your mother, and I'm sure
she is too.

Margie Swindler  cg for Dick, 52/15      [log in to unmask]