Hi Simon, Welcome to the List from a fellow Kiwi(PwP 74/7) in Lower Hutt.

You are dead right about Economy Class - the crowd and restricted space can
be most stressfull for a 78 yearold Parkinsonian - I know as I've been
there.

If you book well ahead you could well get a special fair rate for Business
Class. Also, on international travel, I have always endeavoured to travel
Air New Zealand as first choice ( they serve NZ Chardonnays) or
alternatively Quantas as I understand their speech better and feel more
comfortable and relaxed.

Medication : It could be important to take extra medication and split it
into two lots, carrying one lot in your hand luggage and the other lot in
the checked luggage.

At hotel/motel check out check that medication has not been left in bathroom,

In case of emergency be aware of alternative medication brand names (
madopar is not readily available in the America.s).

Understand that Parkinsonians are more concerned about being on time than
you maybe and that many become stressed and become confused in crowds!!

best wishes for the future

Jim Caldwell  <[log in to unmask]>