I agree with what everyone told you...but dont know his symptoms   walking or
tremor problems    mine is walking

fly biz class  book early for APEX FARES
sit close to toilet to avoid "long walks"
sit on aisle  NOT BULKHEAD SEAT   too confining

pack meds in carryon   NOT checked baggage
carry perscriptions for everything.  I must add that Ive run out of meds and
have had
NO PROBLEM getting some extras locally.   Note the chemical compound name
rather than brand.

Are you travelling from New Zealand to the Carribean ????  WOW
I think you have good beaches a lot closer....!!!!

Having just gotten back from 3 weeks in Europe (from New Jersey) the most
difficult part for me is traveling WEST and thereby screwing up my med
schedule...Going east is not so bad.

If his problems are in his legs and he needs a wheelchair...you can take
yours along and deposit him right up a the aircraft door...then they have a
'BUDDY" seat just wide enough for the aisles to take him directly to his
seat.  They will put your chair in the closed on board so you have immediate
access when deplaning.

I have a three wheel electric scooter and it was carried NO CHARGE in the
cargo hold.  I did have to show them exactly what to do..even went to the
cargo door to show them.  THE DISSABILITIES ACT (here in America) PROHIBITS
ANY AIRLINE TO CHARGE EXTRA REGARDLESS OF HOW HEAVY.

Hope some of this helped
Good luck
Joyce