                                                Joyce

I marched along a rocky road and upon a rock I sat.
I cursed the road as a trial sore, I'd had enough of that!
As I whined and groaned and moaned I began to hear a song
it came from up the trail a ways and was sung both loud and strong.
Upon my mind this song did beat as I studied my sore feet.
Then over a hill came a lady until I her gaze did meet.
"Give in, give in, but never give up!" her song it ripped  the air.
And before I could grab what I needed to have, she dragged me
away from there.
Away from me her song did crack the sorrow that had begun to grow.
And from inside the strength I did find to match her pace, not slow.
"Give in, give in, but never give up!" we sang that song until
our paths did part on the other side of that blasted awful long hill.
>From now on when, I have to give in I'll remember that lady bold
and the song she sang that's worth more than the finest silver or gold.

Thank You Joyce

Marvin Giles