Hi, Ivan.  I don't mind revealing to our list members that I was the one who
made the phone call to you.  I am NOT an ally of NPF or UPF or APDA or
any other Parkinson's organization except that our goal is the same:  to
increase the quality of life of those of us with Parkinson's and our
caregivers until a cure is found.  I receive no funding for running this
list....my time is volunteered; my computer equipment was bought and paid
for by me.

Since the University of Toronto offers this service at no cost to us, I try
to be alert to any possible mis-use of their generosity.  That includes,
in my opinion, any continued personal vendettas against anything but the
disease itself.  (That definitely includes chain letters!)

As I explained in my phone call, last week I was unable to do much
with/for the list because my husband's sister had died after years of
fighting cancer...she was just about the best sister-in-law a person
could ask for.  So, I was playing 'catch-up' at work and with the list.
Rather than post a message to the list or to you, I felt that a personal
phone call was the best way to deal with this without hurting your
feelings which was never my intention.  (After a long day at work,
'hesitating' is about the best my voice gets.  I'm sorry if it made it
more difficult to explain myself but I did my best.)

I must admit, Ivan, that I really am annoyed at the 'gestapo' comment.
My only enemy is Parkinson's.  My contribution to the war with
Parkinson's is this list.  Let's use it to the best of our abilities.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing