In a message dated 97-09-19 02:04:15 EDT, [log in to unmask] (ron barber)
writes:

<< >For those of you who oppose a split can you please tell me (on list or
 >off)  why you think this sort of split would be too difficult for you
 to >>
Hi Mitchell: I like the list as it is because it affords me an opportunity to
check on the pulse of the whole PD Community at one location. The list has
enough members reporting so that we can view a broad spectrum  of interests
 at one location.

There are several hundred web sites  dealing with PD subjects and they
continue to multiply. If you have a specific PD subject matter of interest
perhaps one of those locations might more appropriately meet your needs.

This list serv meets the needs of those who stay connected or obviouly they
would depart. It is  a unique source and very valuable to many of us as is.
Lets prserve it as is for those who value its existence and those who need
more specific PD info can elect to view a more specific source. I for one
would not like to sign on to several sources each day to get the news and
check on friends when one site serves that purpose.

I hope this response satisfides your query.

Dale Severance