Janet, it seems to me this may have ANOTHER connection: There have been
reccommendations of putting rows of tape on a floor for a PWP to look at
while walking to prevent freezing, and it is said to work, also a PWP can
walk up or down stairs (think of the regular pattern of horizontal lines seen
while walking..) easier than walking on a flat floor.  NOW I have a totally
unrelated question that is bothering me, for the scientifically gifted to
answer: A person sits in the driver's seat of a car, in the U.S., on the left
side and looks through the rear view mirror at the car behind, and sees the
driver, on the left side...makes sense, so far, but then looks at the
nameplate  of the car behind and the text is backwards, a mirror image,
RIGHT?  So why is the image of the driver of that car NOT backwards?  Worse
yet, the image of the nameplate is reversed, as expected, horizontally, WHY
is is NOT reversed vertically?  I am sure I am missing something obvious, but
WHAT?  Everytime I think I know all the answers, a new set of questions comes
along! Ken B