On Sat 20 Sep, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Hello PD world:
>
> After 8 years of this lousy disease, Barbara has deteriorated to the point
> that she requires more Sinemet 7x25/100 and 3x1.25mg Permax, and suffers
> alternating 'kicking out' and 'kicking in'.  Amantidine was prescribed twice
> a day, and the highs and lows of the outs and ins are much smoother, but she
> now suffers distracting and frequent hallucinations. What to do?

For Michel:  The total daily Sinemet that Barbara is taking (700 mg) is not
an excessive amount. However, the fact that is experiencing both over- and
under- dose symptoms mean that the target which she is aiming at is
somewhere in between the current excessive extremes. There are things you
can do however. For instance if, as you imply, she is taking it in 7 doses
of 100 mg each, then there is plenty of scope for improvement. Try for
example breaking the tablets in half, and take them at twice the frequency.

There are more sophisticated ways to go; you may have seen me writing about
my analysis program, but I would suggest you try the half a tablet route for
a start.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>