My mother Joyce (68, 6 months) had trouble the past two days with internal
extreme nervousness (and with other symptoms such as balance). This was
accompanied by some difficulty breathing. This has happened before recently
when she's tried to go off the Paxil (in an attempt to try Eldepryl). So
far she isn't on the Eldepryl (she does take Sinemet 25/100 x 4.5 and
Permax .25 x 4). She couldn't stand it anymore and decided to take the
Paxil this morning (10 mg) and within 1/2 hour, she felt better.

What she's wondering is -- is it the Paxil that's helped? Can it kick in
that quickly?

Also -- before taking any PD meds, my mom needs to take a pill for
osteoperosis (she takes it 1 hour before eating and other meds). She says
that she feels good in the morning -- the PD isn't too bad. Then she takes
the Permax and Sinemet and then she starts on the downhill slide. I suspect
that that is just her body's timing; she suspects the drugs (especially the
Permax) as making her feel worse. (Note that often taken the meds during
the day DOES help.)

Isn't it the case that Permax doesn't have immediate effects?

Know I'm rambling, but I racing to get this question posted. Thanks.

Debbie White